On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 09:45:18AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
[...]
> First: this discussion is pointless and always ends in people promoting
> their favorite toy (only).

Pretty much.

> So how do you know they are reliable? For me, XFS began eating my files
> after 1.5years of usage, and the tools did not detect any errer leading
> to systematic damages.

I've heard horror stories w/ both reiser and XFS.  I have heard good
things of JFS.  And, of course, ext3 continues to be incredibly
reliable (albeit not overly-quick, but..).  I wouldn't use any other
filesystem except for network-cache-like things that need speed but not
reliability.