On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 01:12:15PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> first up you should know that we are currently trying really
> hard to kill mkinitrd in sid/etch. But initrd-tools is
> in Sarge, so I guess that means fixes are still important.

I guess a fix for this would be out of scope for sarge.

> If /etc/mkinitrd/scripts/evms doesn't exist, should
> something else be run instead? Or is just removing
> the exit 1, as you suggest, sufficient?

EVMS has its own probe.d script. OTOH, now that everything is up and working
(I was trying to transition from LVM to EVMS) mkinitrd actually doesn't
complain anymore; possibly since the probe.d script already sets ok=1 for the
root volume, or something? I still believe the code is wrong, but perhaps the
right fix is just to remove the check for /etc/mkinitrd/scripts/evms
altogether...

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/