On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 05:09:18AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> This bug report has severity 'normal', which does not justify an NMU.
> Also, as we are approaching the release of Debian 9 'stretch', even
> updates by a maintainer should only fix important bugs.

I don't think "normal" makes sense, since as it is, this bug breaks all
networks that depend on NFSv2 to function, or depend on NFSv4 to be disabled.

As an aside, it appears that using systemd (ironically) avoids this, since
/usr/lib/systemd/scripts/nfs-utils_env.sh
appears to do the right thing, unlike /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server