Control: tag -1 mreinfo

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:33:58 -0600 Nate R <n...@ucar.edu> wrote:
> Package: src:linux
> Version: 4.9.30-2+deb9u5
> Severity: grave
> Tags: upstream
> Justification: renders package unusable
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
>    * What led up to the situation?
> Production server. Was doing a large uncompress of a file.
>    * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
>      ineffective)?
> Trigger for bug is unclear.
>    * What was the outcome of this action?
> Had to reboot the node. All commands hung.
>    * What outcome did you expect instead?
> Not to hang.
[...]

I'm sorry we didn't respond to this earlier.

Have you seen a similar hang again?  If so, which version are you
running now ("uname -v" will show this)?  Can you send a fresh log,
including all the BUG and WARN messages?

> ** Tainted: O (4096)
>  * Out-of-tree module has been loaded.
>
> ** Kernel log:
> [2335559.671011] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 0 at
> /build/linux-ZRFL9M/linux-4.9.30/net/sched/sch_generic.c:316
> dev_watchdog+0x380/0x390
[...]

Based on this warning message, I suspect this may be a bug in the
Mellanox network drivers you were using, which are not part of this
package.  But the network hang might be a symptom of an earlier
failure.

Are you able to use the in-tree drivers for this hardware?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Q.  Which is the greater problem in the world today,