Control: tag -1 moreinfo

On Fri, 4 Aug 2017 16:14:24 -0500 "Barry Arndt" <bar...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:20:12 -0300 Breno Leitao <bren...@br.ibm.com>
> wrote:
> > Although lack of recent updates, we are still working on this problem.
> >
> > Barry (on CC) is allocated to work on this issue and should have updates
> soon.
> >

> The offending line of code that Breno mentioned earlier was part of a
> larger patch.  Looking at that larger patch, I'm afraid that just removing
> the offending line of code would make that patch incomplete and could
> possibly leave other errors behind.
>
> We have a few patches for other issues in this area of code.  I tested a
> couple of them, but they did not resolve this issue.  I'm working with
> another developer (who is currently working on other items related to this
> one) to gather more debug information to narrow down to the correct fix.

Is this bug still present?

I can see a fix to VSX handling in the kernel that went into mainline
just after this, and then into 4.9.45:

commit 5a69aec945d27e78abac9fd032533d3aaebf7c1e
Author: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <b...@kernel.crashing.org>
Date:   Wed Aug 16 16:01:14 2017 +1000

    powerpc: Fix VSX enabling/flushing to also test MSR_FP and MSR_VEC

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Q.  Which is the greater problem in the world today,