On 6/4/2020 4:56 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Wed, 2020-06-03 at 21:34 -0400, Mark Pearson wrote:

Hi Paul - I'm afraid it does (not something of Lenovo's choosing to my
knowledge...).

Interesting, is it Intel doing the restrictions on Lenovo hardware?
ISTR reading on one of the bugs that some hardware doesn't have the
restrictions, so it is strange that Intel restricts some hardware
vendors but not others. If you are able to push back on these Intel
restrictions, it would be very much appreciated.

I'll see what I can find out.

<snip>

I know the SOF team wanted to work with Debian on this issue a few
months ago - I will dig up that email and point them at this bug so they
can contribute to the conversation without me muddying the waters about
their decisions (I was on their mailing list but not involved in the
decision making)

Interesting, thanks for that.

OK - I have asked the SOF folk to talk to you about this. I'll unicast you the email address so you have the correct contact details too.