On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 01:54:24PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> kernel, so the Debian kernel sources even in sid frequently are not
> current enough. So, what I want to have is a compromise between a

This used indeed to be the case in the past, but we are reaching a point when
this is a thing of the paste.

The current plan calls for always having three kernels rolling, the latest
stable or stabilized in etch/testing, the latest released kernel in sid, and
hopefully a release of the sid kernels within days of the upstream release,
which will hopefully happen for 2.6.14, and a third copy, which will have no
security updates, but which will follow closely the -rc releases in
experimental, or more probably in our own kernel.debian.net autobuilt archive,
which will hold also stable-security and stable backport kernels.

So, all in all, most of your complaints are probably unfunded with regard to
this plan, and you would be better off helping the above plan happen.

Friendly,

Sven Luther