Le mer. 26 mai 2021 à 23:27, Julien AUBIN <julien.au...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Source: linux
> Version: Mouse wheel behaviour is broken after resume
> Severity: normal
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> I've remarked that on a specific laptop the mouse wheel function is not
> restored after resume. This is a regression that has been introduced between
> Buster and Bullseye, and only occurs on one of my hosts.
>
> Laptop model : Dell Latitude e6540
> Mouse model : Microsoft Intellimouse 4500
> Desktop environment : KDE
>
> Steps to reproduce :
> DO : boot the computer and open KDE
> DO : open whatever application with a scrollbar and use the mouse scroll wheel
> EXPECT : the scrolling works.
> DO : suspend the computer to RAM for 5 minutes
> DO : resume your activity
> DO : open whatever application with a scrollbar and use the mouse scroll wheel
> EXPECT : the scrolling works.
> ACTUAL : the scrolling does not work.
>
> Workaround : unplug and plug the mouse, or use a tool like resetmsmice (it
> would be great to include it in the archive :
> https://github.com/paulrichards321/resetmsmice )

Hi,

Could you monitor the corresponding input device by the help of
"evtest" ? That's a userspace tool that
dumps evdev events reported by the kernel to userspace (so we can
check if the kernel exposes the scrolling
to userspace after resume or not... perhaps that's a kernel issue,
perhaps that's an issue in the upper layers)

Could you :
1. install evtest : apt install evtest
2. With evtest /dev/input/event<X>  locate the device corresponding to
your mouse: when you scroll you should see events. Something like:

time 1622115506.006606, type 2 (EV_REL), code 8 (REL_WHEEL), value -1

3. Then when you have found the right device, check that the scrolling
event is working as expected before resume (via evtest)

Now test suspend and check if you see the scrolling event via evtest
after resume.
Once done, past your result here.

Regards,
Romain