Sorry for my mistake. I upgraded to 6.0.12-1 and still no bluetooth. I
additionally downgraded to 5.10.149-2, and that version had no bluetooth
and no wifi support either. I wasn't able to even install 5.19.11-1; I
suspect 5.19 may have been the last version I had installed where
bluetooth actually worked.
I don't know how to install experimental kernel versions on testing, but
I'm willing to try it out or compile it myself.
Matthew
On 1/7/23 1:40 AM, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
Control: tags -1 + moreinfo
Hi Matthew,
On Fri, Jan 06, 2023 at 09:24:11PM -0800, Matthew McAllister wrote:
Package: src:linux
Version: 6.0.8-1
Severity: normal
Tags: upstream
X-Debbugs-Cc: [email protected]
Dear Maintainer,
Bluetooth is no longer usable with this chipset on this kernel version.
/sys/class/bluetooth is not present after booting or rebooting. There are no
lines relating to bluetooth in dmesg. Here is the relevant part of lsmod:
mt7921e 32768 0
mt7921_common 94208 1 mt7921e
mt76_connac_lib 73728 2 mt7921e,mt7921_common
mt76 106496 3 mt7921e,mt7921_common,mt76_connac_lib
mac80211 1159168 3 mt76,mt7921_common,mt76_connac_lib
cfg80211 1118208 4 mt76,mac80211,mt7921_common,mt76_connac_lib
WiFi *does* continue to work with this chipset. Only bluetooth seems to be
affected.
As 6.0.8-1 is not the most recent kernel in testing, can you test with
6.0.12-1 as well, or ideally even better with 6.1.2-1~exp1? Does the
problem persist there?
If yes, would you be able to bisect against an older known working
kernel version to identify where the problem arise and got introduced?
Regards,
Salvatore