On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

I am still interested in opinions from _other_ members of the kernel
team: Is it decided to decided to ditch yaird due to my irresponsible
or non-cooperative behaviour (which I claim is related to the
problematic ide-generic issue), or do you have different opinions on
how ramdisk generators should be picked for the official kernels?

I don't think there is any politics here. People usually don't care until it does not directly interfere with what they are doing. Situation with Sven is a perfect example: he was one of the most enthuasiastic proponents for yaird, until it broke on his pet architecture :-). So don't get discouraged, and continue doing what you're doing. If you do it well, definitely there will be grateful users who'll appreciate the effort.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]