Hi,

I took over the ITP for Lustre from <> and recently <> also showed
interest in this. Both of use use Lustre at work so there will be some
paid time spend on keeping this current.

Now to my question. Lustre needs a specialy patched kernel and builds
a ton (~100MB uncompressed) of kernel modules and support
binaries. How should that be handled?

Would it be OK for lustre to build its own out-of-tree kernel image
and modules? Or would that be too much extra work for the security
team to support?

What is the policy on this kind of thing?

MfG
        Goswin