On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 01:44:09PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Sirs:
>
> Your latest update package has what I consider a BUG!
>
> Some of us have carefully-crafted /boot/grub/menu.lst files;
> mine had 6 entries spread across multiple drives. To just
> write over these files TWICE without asking or saving them to
> another non-existing extension is WRONG!
>
> Please fix your distribution system to at least ASK if we want our menu.lst
> overwritten, ESPECIALLY for something as trivial as a kernel image namechange.

That's unfortunate, but menu.lst clearly says:

## lines between the AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST markers will be modified
## by the debian update-grub script except for the default options below

update-grub isn't explicitly called by the scripts in linux-image,
Rather it is setup as a hook in /etc/kernel-img.conf. If you would
like to prevent update-grub from running on install, you can remove
the hooks lines from that file.

--
dann frazier