Package: linux-image
Version: 2.6.18-4-k7

If I run P2P applications such as rtorrent or uTorrent (under wine)
and they max out my download bandwidth (~1.2MByte/s) my network gets
incredibly slow. Ping latency to my local router is ~1s instead of
0.5ms. Closing the application decreases that ping to ~10s, restarting
it decreases it to ~1s again. Since this started happening when I
upgraded my kernel during a dist-upgrade from Etch to Lenny I suppose
it is the driver within the kernel, that may cause that problem.
Hardware itself is fine.