Hi Maximilian,

I'm sorry I don't understand what you want to tell me.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Debian Bug Tracking System) wrote:

> a bug report is not a support request,

But this bug was a request to provide proper documentation. I even
offered to write it IIRC, if only someone helped me to find the
necessary information.

> if using the linux-headers and linux-support infrastructure
> please holler on debian-kernel.

Why should I? I was using kernel-package, and its maintainer reassigned
the bug to kernel-headers. If you think this package or its successors
are not responsible for the fact that kernel-package documentation and
kernel-headers behavior do not match, please reassign the bug to the
package you think is responsible, instead of closing it.

> for kernel-package question please direct them directly to Manoj,
> we do not maintain it.

Then why don't you reassign the bug back, or speak to Manoj yourself?  I
don't know anything about the issue except that it (kernel-headers)
doesn't work as advertised (by kernel-package), so I cannot argue with
him. You probably can.

> so closing for good now this one as kernel-headers are gone!

Now that sounds like a bad reason to close a bug. There's probably still
some package which installs kernel headers, isn't it?

> irc this is even a dup.

In which case you should have merged it, not closed.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)