* maximilian attems <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-06-09 23:51]:
> planing to switch x86 to it for 2.6.26.
> compiles, boots and works fine here.
>
> please update other archs too for the default Lenny gcc.

IMHO there's too little time to proper test this major change.  You
often get obscure bugs when you move the kernel to a new GCC and given
where we are in our release process I'm not sure there's enough time
to find these problems.

If there are no objections, I'll leave arm and mips at gcc 4.1.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/