I'm sorry I forgot to  update this thread.

There is no problem in the kernel, this bug must be closed.

The problem was that I was using the default xorg config file and  that file
didn't had an entry for the synaptic driver. As soon as I modified the
xorg.conf and added the synaptic driver everything worked fine.

Thanks a lot, and once again, I'm sorry I forgot to report this was fixed.

--
Jaime Alberto Silva
Ingeniero Electricista