Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your suggestion in #502997 for trying to make the iwlwifi
firmware package easier to find. I think it is hard to anticipate and
support the different ways that someone might think to look for a
package. Rather than pollute the package namespace, I think it is better
that all the firmware packages consistantly begin with "firmware-". I
was able to find the firmware-iwlwifi package using

  apt-cache search iwl

and I suspect you could successfully search for iwl in one of the apt
frontends as well, so it can be found (although not the ways you
thought to try at first).

I think this bug can be closed or tagged wontfix.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart
tagg...@debian.org