On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 10:34:01PM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> If you find the time plesae check, whether this behaviour persists with
> 2.6.28

Yes and no.

The good news is that Marcel Holtmann added a disable_esco parameter for
people like me, so we'd no longer have to patch our kernel while this
issue is being investigated.

The bad news is that I can't give 2.6.27+ a try, since 769be97 breaks
things even further; any connection attempt just hangs there, with
nothing interesting showing up in my logs.  Unlike the previous eSCO
commit, simply redefining lmp_ssp_capable() to 0 does no good, and the
commit cannot be cleanly reverted in v2.6.28.

> and if that should still be the case, please file a bug at
> bugzilla.kernel.org

Looks like #9871 (and #10332, probably a duplicate) already cover this
issue.

Marcel, please let me know if I can be of any help in debugging this
issue.  I don't know Bluetooth worth squat, but I can patch, bisect, and
take orders very well.  (I wish I could just mail you my headset and
adapter, but I currently need them as my main phone line.)

--
<-- Overfiend has quit ("venturing forth to destroy strange new
                         worlds, and eat life and new civilizations")