Package: linux-source-2.6.28
Version: 2.6.28-1
Severity: normal

--- Please enter the report below this line. ---
I am running a squeeze box except for I just built a 2.6.28 kernel from sid.
When I shutdown while running the 2.6.28 kernel, the computer hangs
indefinitely.
The last line that displays on the shutdown screen is acpid exiting.  I let it
sit for
45 minutes and it never finished shutting down.  I have to power off the
computer.  When I power on the computer,
there don't appear to be any problems on startup.  If I boot to the old 2.6.26
kernel I built and had been running
prior to the 2.6.28 kernel, the shutdown is fine.  I don't see any obvious
problems in the syslog.

I am running on an IBM Thinkpad T42p.

I built a 2.6.28 kernel for my desktop at home and have not noticed the problem
on shutdown.

--- System information. ---
Architecture: i386
Kernel:       Linux 2.6.28.090302

Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  500 testing         www.debian-multimedia.org
  500 testing         security.debian.org
  500 testing         debian.linux.ibm.com
  500 hardy           ppa.launchpad.net

--- Package information. ---

Depends       (Version) | Installed
binutils                | 2.19.1-1