On Mon, 2009-12-21 at 00:08 +0100, kiroken wrote:
[...]
> I try with .32 kernel and with that the situation sounds better. No
> "new" channel appear but i can record with the "digital" one.
>
> There is another issue anyway the volume is too low. I can just hear
> my voice, as if it were far, only by using the microphone of my
> headset (with the one integrated in the laptop no because it has a too
> low volume) and setting almost the maximum volume of PCM, mic and
> digital channels. I try many different combination of volumes with no
> result.

I suggest that you run "alsamixer -V capture" so that you only see the
recording controls.  You may need to use a switch, rather than a sliding
control, to boost the recording volume.  For example, there may be a
switch to change the input from line-in to microphone mode.

I'm going to close this bug because the original problem is fixed.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings