On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 01:43 +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 01:10:29PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 01:48 +0100, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> > > Package: linux-image-2.6.26-1-parisc64-smp
> > > Version: 2.6.26-13
> > > Severity: important
> > >
> > > Acenic driver is provided without firmware. When it's being loaded at
> > > boot time, it starts complaining that it can't find a firmware to
> > > load. Boot progreses for a little while and eventually when setting up
> > > networking, the box goes kaboom. Yay.
> >
> > Can you be more specific?
> >
> > Meanwhile, I should see about adding the firmware to firmware-nonfree.
>
> This doesn't seem to have happened yet, did the firmware turn out to
> be non-distributable?

The information provided by upstream is:
> Driver: acenic -- Alteon AceNIC Gigabit Ethernet card
>
> File: acenic/tg1.bin
> File: acenic/tg2.bin
>
> Licence: Unknown
>
> Found in hex form in kernel source, but source allegedly available at
> http://alteon.shareable.org/

The essential subdirectories of <http://alteon.shareable.org/> are
currently inaccessible, but this is probably a misconfiguration.  I'll
try emailing the site owner.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.