On Sat, 13 Feb 2010, Denis Laxalde wrote:

> It was with package linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686 (on which
> linux-image-2.6-686 still depends).
> I just tried with linux-image-2.6.32-2-686 (i.e. 2.6.32-8) and display
> switch does not work as expected either...

I missed at all that you were using those binary blobs from nvidia.
In that case we can't support you at all as this code is not released
and may well be a GPL violation. please bug your vendor nvidia directly.

with such a binary blog loaded one is no longer running an
open source box. It can do anything.
will have to close that bug report.

we hope to be able to support nouveau soon,
but currently lack mancraft from a motivated person to backport
2.6.33 KMS nouveau code.