On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 15:50 +0100, Gerber van der Graaf wrote:
> Indeed, I would preferred to use reportbug, but the system cannot be
> conected to the internet (whether wirelis or wired).

reportbug can save the report to a file.

> The output of: "apt-cache show firmware-linux" is found in:
> firmware-linux.txt
> The output of: "apt-cache show firmware-linux-free" is found in:
> firmware-linux-free.txt
> The output of: "apt-cache show firmware-linux-nonfree" is found in:
> firmware-linux-nonfree.txt
> The output of: "apt-cache show firmware-iwlwifi" is found in:
> firmware-iwlwifi.txt
> The output of ip address show is found in: ip_address_show.txt
> The output of "cat proc/devices" (as requested /proc/dev does not exist)
> is in: cat__proc_devices.txt

I meant /proc/net/dev, but never mind.

> The output of "cat /etc/network/interfaces"is found in:
> cat__etc_network_interfaces.txt
>
> Thanks very much for your (quick!) response. Gerber van der Graaf

wlan0 is present but not running.  What happens when you run 'ifconfig
wlan0 up' (include the kernel log messages for this)?  What tool(s) are
you trying to use to configure it?  What messages do they show or log?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
It's easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.