Please write to debian kernel mailinglist,
this otherwise gets melted in an own personal mess of private mails..

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011, Don Rosa wrote:

> Thanks for the great work in the debian kernel.
>
> I think that there are 2 drivers that can be backported to squeeze
> kernel (2.6.32) without much risk / invasive work:
>
> 1. the "k10temp" module, which appeared in 2.6.33. It offers
> temperature monitor for all AMD cpus released in the last 4 years. It
> is a shame that the just released Squeeze is not able to do that.
> Squeeze userland (lm_sensors) already fully supports k10temp.

waldi did that, will happen for next stable update.

> 2. The ath3k driver for bluetooth, again appeared in 2.6.33. Many
> bluetooth devices in the last years use this. This driver is slightly
> more invasive as it injects firmware before it loads (extra blacklist
> entry in bluetooth usb driver). Also squeeze userland is ready for
> this. The ath3k firmware is already included in squeeze's
> atheros-firmware package.

please use reportbug and file a bugreport on linux-2.6,
I think this is still open.
yes we do backport drivers to stable.
(not oldstable this is deeply frozen beside important security stuff)

> These are just some suggestions, not requests. I think those drivers
> are not invasive changes (they are low-risk additions) and worth
> having them in an kernel update in case you and your team have time
> for this.
>
> Again, keep up the good work.

no trouble, we are happy to recieve feedback, thank you.

--
maks