On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Jonathan Nieder <jrnie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> leo weppelman wrote:
>
>> I will see if I can make a setup for this....
>>
>> As an extra datapoint, I had also tried the cciss-4.6.28-14.tar.bz2
>> from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cciss/files/cciss-4.6-tarballs. I
>> had to patch that source for the removal of the 'big lock' and that
>> driver had the same problem. Which is logical (of course in retrospect
>> ;-) because the problem seems to be caused from replacing the big-lock
>> on the ioctl-function by the mutex_lock/unlock on cciss_mutex...
>
> More clues:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1113910/focus=1114035

I tried to reproduce the problem with 3.1.0-rc7-686-pae from
experimental as you requested, but I failed. The problem is that
hpacucli does not find any controllers with this kernel :-( I used the
latest available hpacucli version (8.75-12.0). This version definitely
works with 2.6.39. I tried strace-ing hpacucli but that didn't give me
any clues. It was looking for /dev/cciss/c0d0/cciss, which is weird
and might indicate that the 3.1 environment makes the hpacucli device
search fail....

Anyway, I have a 3.1 setup now, but unless I can get hold of a working
hpaccli, I will not be able to test this bug on 3.1.

Leo.