On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 17:28 +0100, Maik Zumstrull wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 17:19, Dan Williams <d...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Any chance you can get the Windows driver installer for this device?
>
> Weirdly, ASUS doesn't offer it for download. I wiped the included
> Windows first thing.
>
> > Looking at the INF files gives us clues as to what the ports are used
> > for.  Also, I'd expect at least *two* AT capable ports on a GSM/UMTS
> > device, but perhaps only one on a CDMA/EVDO device.  Is this an EM770
> > (CDMA/EVDO) or a GSM/UMTS device?
>
> GSM/UMTS
>
> >  Also, again is there any way you can
> > get the device model name and firmware version from ATI/AT+GMM/AT+GMR ?
>
> Manufacturer: huawei
> Model: EM770
> Revision: 11.108.04.01.40
> IMEI: [Removed]
> +GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES
>
> OK
>
> EM770
>
> OK
>
> 11.108.04.01.40

Notes I'd seen from another driver indicate that it's got a modem/PPP
port (intf 0), a DIAG/DM port (intf 1 or 2) and the PCUI port (intf 1 or
2).  At least the PCUI port should be able to respond to AT commands
too.  Can you talk on ttyUSB1 or ttyUSB2 with AT commands?

Try "AT^GETPORTMODE" on any port that takes AT commands and see what you
get.

Dan