On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Juha Jäykkä wrote:

that the memory slots and mini-pcie slots are behind the same cover in
the X201 as well? Replugging it seems like a good idea...

I wish they were! They are in X4? and X30? but not X200s, where I had to
remove the keyboard and handrest to get to the card. Most annoying.

This is why I haven't tried it on my system.

Nevertheless, the RAM is quit directly on the opposite side of the motherboard
compared to the miniPCI slots (there are two: one is empty, I guess it is
meant for 3g), so I would not rule out the miniPCI card moving when addin RAM.
Especially since I now have almost 3 days of uptime without problems! This is
the record since my problems started except for disabling 802.11n and
powersave completely, which gave me about a week.

I will report back when I loose wifi again or in two weeks if I do not loose
it by then (in which case I will assume it was indeed loose in its socket).

You are forgetting that you also added:

   pcie_aspm=off

to your kernel boot command line. Since I did the same thing and have also suddenly enjoyed quite stable WIFI for the first time, I would venture to guess that your problem was not the seating of the card but the "pcie_aspm" option setting.

If you want to confirm, you might want to remove that boot option and see if the problem returns. If so, this would be the first really useful confirmation of a specific source for the "deep sleep" problem and provide a workaround for it that others can use, though someone who is familiar with this aspect of the Linux kernel will have to decide what this means in terms of hardware/software issues, what is causing the fault, and how to fix it.

de...@deatech.com     |          - Custom Software Development -
Phone: (800) 467-5820 |          - Natural Building Instruction -