Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Am Montag, 26. März 2012 schrieben Sie:

>>  - can you reproduce this without using wicd?  i.e.
>>
>>      install iw and iproute
>>      stop wicd
>>      ip link set wlan0 up
>>      iw dev wlan0 connect -w <SSID> key d:0:<WEP key>
>>      dhclient wlan0
>>
>>    with
>>
>>      iw event -t
>>
>>    running in another terminal to see if anything interesting happens.
>
> Yes, same problem without wicd! My system is configured, that I also can run
> it
> without wicd, but I am using wicd as it is more comfortable. But wicd indeed
> is not really necessary.

Does the event log say anything interesting?

What's most puzzling to me is that some people started experiencing
similar symptoms with 3.3-rc1 (and the regression range was reliable
and even bisectable).  Which is of course newer than the kernel you
are using.

If you can get full "dmesg" output from booting up and triggering the
problem, that would be useful.

Thanks again for the quick response, and sorry for the trouble.
Jonathan