On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 15:42 +0800, Aron Xu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can confirm that Debian Squeeze 6.0.4, with kernel
> linux-image-2.6.32-5-sparc64-smp, version 2.6.32-41 or
> 2.6.32-41squeeze2, does not crash anymore. The installation process is
> smooth (d-i prompts for a firmware), and the system is working well.
> But don't run lshw with this kernel, it may cause panic (#665932).

Well I can't see any changes that might have fixed this.  Maybe there's
a difference between your machine and Hermann's?

Hermann, what was the last kernel version where the cassini driver
worked on this system?  You originally reported that the problem started
with 2.6.24 in 'etch-and-a-half'.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings