Ben,

Sorry to be top posting; since I got into this thread late and I was only
commenting on one item, I felt top posting was appropriate. Thanks for the
patches and the analysis. With regards to question 4, why do you say the
protocol is not stable. The protocol is stable and is backward compatible.
However, our implementation on the guest side has been incremental and with
incomplete knowledge of the protocol. Recently I sent out patches for IP
injection based on our current code base. The patches are still in Greg's
queue. Once Greg deals with these patches, we can work on getting  your changes
in. In the meantime, we can test your patches.

Regards,

K. Y