On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 07:25:27AM +0200, Philipp Marek wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 08:18:48PM +0200, Philipp Marek wrote:
> > > I guess I found the reason: this device is not support by the
> > > default kernel, but needs the broadcom-sta module built.
> > >
> > > Trying with m-a a-i now, but I guess this bug can be closed.
> >
> > Right, the device listing in your report shows you had the 'wl' driver
> > loaded on 3.2. Although this doesn't seem to be a regression, it is a
> > bug (of a sort) that the free b43 driver doesn't support this WLAN
> > controller.
> On second thought, the bug might be that installing/booting a new kernel
> doesn't immediately causes m-a to run.
[...]

The linux-headers packages do support postinst hooks.  The problem is
that dpkg installation does not recurse.  So calling 'm-a a-i' in the
postinst of a linux-headers package would fail.

This is one reason why we now recommend using DKMS instead of m-a.
DKMS doesn't require the compiled modules to be built into a package,
so it can auto-install in the way that you want.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
                                                              - Albert Camus