Ben Hutchings:
> Surely this is just a bug in the kernel NFS client - it is
> inconsistently deciding in one place that it has the option sec=3Dsys amd
> in another that it doesn't have that option.

Maybe you are right.
Before judging this is a bug in NFS, it might be better to discuss the
nfs-util developers (or nfs-common package maintainers) because they
might say "mount.nfs relies upon /etc/mtab as a regular file. It is
unsupported when it is a symlink to /proc/mounts since they are
different in NFS world. That is one reason why mount.nfs exists."
Of course, I don't want such reposnse. I believe /etc/mtab should be
equivalent to /procmounts ideally. But I am not sure whether it is
described somewhere as a strict rule.

Anyway I will make /etc/mtab as a regular file and disable
mtab_migrate() shell function in /lib/init/mount-functions.sh on wheezy
since this problem is a show-stopper for me.

J. R. Okajima