Hi Gang,

I'm planning to package Norm Walsh's (aka Mr. DocBook) java catalog
classes he wrote while working at Arbortext. The license simply says
it's public domain (see below).

Don't we need something that explicitly says we can redistribute this
software?
At least that's how I interpreted this section
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch2.html#s2.1.6
in the Policy Manual.

I plan contact Arbortext to see what can be done, but I'll wait to hear
the scoop from the experts.

The full documentation (a README) is here:
  http://www.dulug.duke.edu/~mark/catalog-classes.html

Which only contains the license snippet below.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Copyright

This code is placed in the public domain.

Warranty

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
ARBORTEXT OR ANY OTHER CONTRIBUTOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR
OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

--

Mark Johnson
Senior Lecturing Fellow