Boris Veytsman writes:
 > > Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:53:23 +0200
 > > From: Frank Mittelbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 >

 > > So it is NOT me or David or anybody else from The LaTeX Team that controls
 > > an
 > > this: the terms of LPPL control it as any work under LPPL will be on a
 > > LaTeX
 > > system (but not on a fork on) load the sameset of macros if
 > >

 > I think this needs a clarification. As far as I understand this, the
 > de-facto rule is this: anybody who put his/her package on CTAN first,
 > reserves its name (or in Frank's language its exetension of ULL), so
 > the subsequent authors must abide with this.

thank you, I should properly reread what I write (even or especially if
already tired) the English was horrible.

it is working a bit like domain names in the internet. individually very
unfair etc. (we had to settle for latex-project not latex though it could have
been worse:-) but that doesn't make the internet unfree. it is on the contrary
helpful inthe long run, because you find the debian project at debian.org and
not my private version of it mounted on my local machine

good night

frank (who wrote enough bad enlish sentences tonight)