hi,

as far as i understood the messages on debian-legal, the license of
some mysql libraries changed from lgpl to gpl.
this makes it impossible to link any non-gpl conform software with them.

anyway, i've no glue about what this has to do with pyhton-mysqldb, as
this is licensed under "GPL or the original license based on Python
1.5.2's license", where we always can choose GPL.

i don't know whether "python 1.5.2's license" is gpl compatible or not,
but maybe we can ask upstream to clarify the situation if it is that
way.

bye
 jonas