http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/z/zynaddsubfx/zynaddsubfx_2.2.1-2/zynaddsubfx.copyright

  >>From http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/:
  >>
  >>"Please don't use this program to  make music that  is against God and
  >>Jesus Christ. Realize that  the  only way to   the Salvation is  Jesus
  >>Christ. Please  don't lose this chance and  don't  make others to lose
  >>it!"

  FP> Well, that's a "Please don't do this": it's a kind *request*, not a
  FP> legally binding *requirement*.
  FP> Upstream authors seem to be Christian fundamentalists or something like
  FP> that.
  FP> At least, that's what appears from the notice you quoted...
  FP> They probably would *not* be pleased, if, say, Marilyn Manson used
  FP> zynaddsubfx in his artistical production; but they (seem to) want their
  FP> software to be free, so they do not discriminate against any field of
  FP> endeavor: they just advice against uses they feel as unethical.

  FP> I fail to see anything non-free or troublesome in all this.

Yes, I  think you're right.   I just  reported what I  thought was the
issue here...  I don't know what Paul  Naska (author) would do in case
his program   were used by Marilyn Manson   (he could even  change the
license), but that's to the case now.

Cheers,

Free