Retirement News Weekly Yorkton: Issue Thirteen

 ISSUE #13: April 29, 201118,822 Readers This Month!

SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO NOW?
Your Retirement By: Brandee Musiala
Retirement is a decision to stop employment completely. Of course, choosing to
semi-retire is also an option. This decision is usually made once a person has
reached the age of 65, but some may choose to take an early retirement if their
health begins to deteriorate or if they have been forced into it by their
employer.

Other reasons for retiring early can include:

1. More time for friends and family.
2. Taking advantage of good health.
3. Reducing stress.
4. Escaping office politics.
5. A chance to switch to the career that you've always wanted.
6. The ability to relocate.
7. Time for travel.
8. Wanting to explore new interests and rediscover old ones. ...

Read More...

LOCAL NEWS

Flood waters have peaked across much of the province
Much of the flood waters across Saskatchewan ...
Read More...

NATIONAL NEWS

Nazi-stolen Klimt painting to be returned to Canadian owner
An Austrian museum ...
Read More...

INTERNATIONAL NEWS

Unrest in Libya continues
Britain and the United States ...
Read More...

LIFESTYLE: Let's Get Muddy, Honey!
Believe it or not, spring has actually arrived. If you're like me, you're
looking out your front windows and seeing the tulips, daffodils and other
spring flowers peeking through in your garden and it suddenly ...
read more...

FIFTY & FABULOUS:
Royal Wedding Edition
With the Royal Wedding upon us, the thought on everyone's mind is: what did
Kate wear?
Before we get to my picks of what Kate could have worn on her big day, why not
take a look back to see what other esteemed Royals have chosen on their special
day! …

read more...

ENVIRONMENT: Green Essential to Economic Future
Has anyone noticed the environment isn't a huge priority in this year's
election? It's understandable since we've had bigger worries. Our concerns hit
closer…
read more...
SPORTS: Round 1 of Stanley Cup Playoffs done
The field has been whittled down from 16 to 8 teams.
In case you missed it, here's a recap of what happened in Round 1 and how I did
in terms of my picks of what would happen! ...
read more...
SPIN THE GLOBE: More Than the Royal Wedding: Travelling in England
The Royal Wedding has finally arrived in time for another travel feature.
What's more fitting than a sneak peek at ...
read more...
VISIONARIES OF OUR COMMUNITY: The Intrepid Tales of a Blond China Doll: Profile
of Hannelore Headley (2/2)
During last week's interview with 74-year-old bookseller …
read more...
FEATURES: Won't You Let the Smileys Take You on an Eco-Cruise?
t's time to shake off the snow, open the windows and prepare for another
beautiful spring ...
read more...
FEATURES: Matrix Repatterning: Revolution for Chronic Pain Sufferers (Exclusive)
If your body could talk, I bet it would have a lot of stories to tell. As a
child you fell on your bum while tobogganing, when you were a teenager you
bonked your head on the doorframe while getting out of a car, then you broke
your leg or arm ...
read more...

ACT YOUR AGE: GETTING A MASSAGE
By: Jeff deViller
I've never really been great at relaxing. Sure I'll often put on a movie or
watch television, but I'll also likely be puttering around my computer, looking
up jobs, or organizing ...
read more ...
PET TALK: The Importance of Socializing Your Puppy
By: Megan Pasche
Spring seems to be the time of year that a lot of families decide to get a
puppy. The snow in finally gone, the sun is shining, so what better way to
enjoy it then with a dog at your ...
read more ...
TO VOTE OR NOT TO VOTE – IS THAT REALLY A QUESTION?
By: Nicole Burgers
Candidates in Canada's 2011 election from left to right: Stephen Harper
(Conservative Party), Michael Ignatieff (Liberal Party), Jack Layton ...
read more ...

ENTERTAINMENT REVIEWS: Hot in Cleveland (2010- )
Take three women from L.A. who accidentally land in Cleveland, throw in a
snarky ...
read more ...BOOK REVIEWS: Room
Room is the story of Ma and Jack, a mother-son duo who have been kept in an 11
by 11 room for several years. For Ma, it's a prison;
read more ...
THIS WEEK IN HISTORY(April 29 to May 5)
April 29: Today is National Adult Public Skipping, a day for adults to skip in
public, just to feel like a kid again. ...
read more ...WEIRD & WONDERFUL FACTS
In 1963, the first cat to travel to space was French and was named Felicette
(a.k.a. "Astrocat") ...
read more ...
QUOTABLE QUOTES
"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want
to annoy for the rest of your life." Rita Rudner
"Chains don't hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny
threads...
read more ...

 Editor's Letter: Last Minute 2011 Federal Election Resources
It's time.
In the next couple of days, you will be going to fill out your ballot for the
Federal Election.
When deciding on your vote, think about what's most important to you and how
you would like policies to play out.
Sometimes it feels like there has been constant finger pointing with the all
the debates and media coverage. Look beyond that by examining the issues and
think about building Canada, now and for the future.
CTV.ca has quick and easy-to-read coverage at the following links.
Party Platforms covering Economy, Education, Environment, Crime, Health Care,
and Military Spending. ...
Read More...

Retirement News Weekly
is a resource tool for the 50 plus active lifestyle community in Yorkton. We
provide you with up-to-date information on retirement, news and local events
all at your finger tips! If there is a topic you would like us to feature or if
you have any questions or comments please Contact US

Click HERE to unsubscribe For our advertising rates please contact Graham
Pomeroy at grah...@magma.ca
or call directly at
905-988-9339.

Sincerely,