On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 10:39 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 06:11:08PM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> > Possibly... either way, lintian and debhelper should be consistent about
> > what they consider to be a "good enough" reason to pre-depend (this could
> > become a debhelper bug if you prefer?).
>
> right, so debhelper's check is:
>
>   find $tmp -type f \( -name '*.so' -or -name '*.so.*' \)
>
> thus matching any "*.so*" real files at all in the multiarch dir.
>
> That would indeed be a better check to have in lintian also.  I probably
> didn't think of it when writing the lintian check because I didn't see an
> obvious way to check if a file was a symlink.

In the context of the surrounding code in checks/files,
"$index_info->{type} == 'l'" should do the trick.  (I note that most of
the other checks seem to do partial matching via regexes, but I think
that's a hangover from when it used to parse the index file directly;
Lintian::Collect::Binary::index() extracts a single character for
"type").

Regards,

Adam