Niels Thykier <ni...@thykier.net> writes:

> For this I was wondering if

>   my $job = { err => 'index-errors', ... }

> appends the output to 'index-errors' or truncates the file before
> writing.

It truncates currently.  Lintian::Command could be modified to make it
append, though, which may not be a bad idea.  I think all one would have
to do is change 2> to 2>>.

> Alternatively, would we rather want cruft to handle multiple index-error
> files (one for each tarball)?

I'm not sure it's worth the effort.  Errors there happen rarely.

> Secondly, if I understand the situation correctly, I believe the version
> of collection/index.desc should be updated with this change (to ensure
> the index are re-generated).  But since file-info generates its output
> from the index file, file-info should be re-run as well.
>   Unfortunately, if I understand frontend/lintian correctly this will
> not happen automatically.  Since file-info succeeded in the past, there
> should already be a ".file-info-1" file in the lab and the update of
> index will not make frontend/lintian remove that (or have I missed
> something?).

I think that's correct.  Collection scripts should probably check the
version placeholders of all their dependencies as well, but I don't think
they currently do that.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>