Hi,

Chris Lamb wrote:
> I'm not sure what lintian can do here, indeed.

First to say: I am not aware whether the problem still exists.

But in general it seems that "strings" on the binaries is not the right way
to obtain a list of message texts. After all, the purpose of a compiler is
to put out binary code as it deems appropriate for the given source and
target. Any assumption about the binary is courageous.

I tried to find some source code localization suite which would extract
messages from source code and present them for translation. No luck yet.
(Maybe the task is totally trivial and i just don't see how ?)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas