On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 10:40:12PM +0200, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
> #787406 was reported against libav today. It was caused by
> debian/libavcodec-extra-56.lintian-overrides and
> debian/libavcodec-extra-56.lintian-overrides.ii386 with differing content.
>
> I think this situation could be detected by lintian and would be great if it
> could emit a warning refering to [1] (as pointed out by Jakub in the bug
> report).

Actually, the problem may be wider: debhelper has a more general feature
of allowing '.$arch' as a suffix to the config files, that works not
only for lintian overrides (even if most commonly it's used only for
lintian overrides and symbol files, from my experience).

I believe you should check all files supported by the regular debhelper
tools that affects the content of data.tar.xz (that means, things like
d/libfoo.symbols.$arch should be ignored, and perhaps some others).

In other words, my request is to widen the newly committed
multi-arch-same-package-has-arch-specific-overrides to support all
debhelper config files.

I'm CCing Helmut as the leading expert of "Multi-Arch-ness" to double
check on whether I'm writing nonsense :)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :