On 06/02/2024 20:02, Robert Spiteri wrote:
I have copied all the contents of the bootloaders directory from /usr/share/live/build
into my config directory. I have also changed the first 3 entries from the
syslinux_common file. However there seem to be files for the installer: install_gui and
install_start_gui. What is the difference between the 2? I understand that the
"start" file is the main menu and the other is the sub menu... but I cannot see
how one is linked to the other?

How can I avoid sub menus then?

Also, I can find no entries for the grub menus and in fact if I boot the ISO in
EFI mode from VirtualBox, I get the default grub entries and not my modified
menu. If I boot normally without EFI, the menu changes.

The two directories in bootloaders: grub-pc and syslinux-common are for
configuring the EFI and syslinux menus respectively.

In grub-pc/, install_gui.cfg and install_start_gui.cfg are both called from
grub.cfg
You can arrange the submenus how you want.

The syntax for the syslinux menu is slightly different but the files shipped
with live-build should illustrate it.

--
John