Package: Debian-Live
Version: Bookworm 12.5

The current version of the debian-live installer in the Debian Bookworm
repositories installs raspberry-firmware which was a feature of Debian
12.0. This was subsequently resolved with the release of Debian 12.1.

Debian-Live has never been updated in the Debian Repositories from the 12.0
release. Building an image after installing debian-live from Debian's
Bookworm Repository still includes raspi-firmware even on Debian 12.5

Building debian-live from source resolves this issue.

To demonstrate:
Install debian-live from the repositories as described in 3.2.1 of the
debian live manual.
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/installation.en.html#127
clone the linuxcnc live installer from their repositories  (use the default
Bookworm branch)
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc-live-build and build
Search the build log for raspberry-firmware. It will be found.
Remove the debian-live package, build the deb from source and install it as
per 3.2.2 of the Debian Live Manual.
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/installation.en.html#130

Searching build.log for raspi-firmware will not find it.

Resolution:
Please update the Debnian repositories so it is consistent with the source.

I am the linuxcnc user who built our debian live installer mentioned above.
We distribute our ISO via https://linuxcnc.org/downloads/ and this has been
a very frustrating issue for many of our users relying on our ISO.

Rod Webster
*1300 896 832*
+61 435 765 611
VMN®