Hi,

labeling it "minor issues" when the real reason is "sponsors needed"
sounds wrong to me.

I'd say "minor issues" is right for minor issues. And "sponsors needed"
is a legitimate, helpful additional information.

It seems to me, that it's not uncommon to Debian to search for a sponsor
of a package:
https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors

Ingo

--
Linuxhotel GmbH, Geschäftsführer Dipl.-Ing. Ingo Wichmann
HRB 20463 Amtsgericht Essen, UStID DE 814 943 641