Hi Daniel,

congratulations on your first update!

Some notes:

1) to be consistent with all other updates please do not add the suffix
in the version number
2) t is not quite a team upload. Better use "dch --lts" which converts to
"* Non-maintainer upload by the LTS Security Team."
3) Please check, why piuparts is failing on CI.
4) Regarding behavioral change... I cannot evaluate without the context.
Maybe someone else from LTS team or the original maintainer can help.

Best regards

Anton