Hello,

On Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 01:41:36PM +0200, Christopher Huhn wrote:
> Given that will give you an updated package in Bullseye you'd still have to
> change your code to change the GDBM_PREREAD behaviour.

Do you mean that something changed in bookworm that will create a problem for
my existing code? From reading the patch [2] you referenced, it looks like it
would only impact writes, and the complete failure is a read-only workload.
Currently the part which does writes every month or so is still on buster.

In short, I don't think GDBM_PREREAD is the problem. I will however planify
testing with a recompiled bookworm version AND also test the write process on
bullseye + my work-around and/or on bookworm.