On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Andreas Tille <andr...@fam-tille.de>wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:11:09AM -0300, Tatiana Al-Chueyr wrote:
> > Until now, we haven't had advances on SIGAR packaging [1].
> >
> > How should we proceed?
>
> I had a (quick) look at Thiagos packaging[2] and while the package
> builds somehow there are several lintian warnings.  If you try
>
>  lintian -i *.dsc *.deb
>
> you get explanations and several of these are relatively easy to
> fix.  An absolute no go is the missing copyright information which
> definitely needs fixing.  Please try to work down the list of
> lintian problems and feel free to ask for any help if something
> remains unclear.
>
> BTW, it might make sense to join a packaging team on alioth
> (python-modules-team ??) and use their SVN for the packaging stuff.
> This enables potential helpers for packaging to commit changes
> easily.
>
> Hope this helps for the moment
>
>        Andreas.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/03/msg00324.html
> [2] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/817671/packages/sigar_1.7.0%7Esvn5287-1.dsc
>
> --
> http://fam-tille.de

Thanks Andreas,

I fixed some of lintian problems. One of the problems that remains is:

W: libsigar: package-installs-python-pyc
usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sigar.pyc
N:
N:    Compiled python source files should not be included in the package.
N:    These files should be removed from the package and created at package
N:    installation time in the postinst.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: certain

How can I only compile in installation time? I'm using this command in rule
file to install the files:

cd $(CURDIR)/bindings/python && python setup.py install --install-layout=deb
--root=$(CURDIR)/debian/$(PACKAGE)

Thanks!