Hi,
this is indeed a bug. It is no blocking but I will give a patch new week.
We will remove it from shell script I think to create the pid file directly in
the program using conf data.
This pid file is just used to prevent dual updates on same banks.

Would you mind create a bug under biomaj package for this (reportbug)? (I have
intermittent access to internet this week). If you can't i will create it next
week

Thanks

Olivier

Helo,
I installed and tried Biomaj, thanks for your job Olivier,
No problem during install and running th
e sample alu db.
But, I got an minor error

/usr/share/biomaj/bin/biomaj.sh: line 103: / usr/share/biomaj/tmp /
.bmajpid_alu: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type (for no french speaker =>
means no found or directory found)

In fact /usr/share/biomaj/tmp doesn't exist, and I think is ok with the debian
policy.
The code in biomaj.sh is :

echo $$>$BIOMAJ_ROOT/tmp/.bmajpid_$arg

with $BIOMAJ_ROOT = /usr/share/biomaj

There is a tmp directory for biomaj (tmp.dir in /etc/biomaj/general.conf) but
it's use by the java code not the shell script starting biomaj.

I think that the pid file should go to /var/lib/biomaj/tmp or /var/run/biomaj
or either /tmp
/var/lib/biomaj/tmp is created by the package so it can be use, even if you
change the location in general.conf (like I did, to put databases on another
partition).

But, I don't know the solution to correct this error.

Thanks again for the packaging.

Best regard,
Anthony.