> > What do you mean with "main class"?  MMCoreJ.jar contains the
> Micro-Manager Core (written in C++) "translated" to Java by Swig.  It is
> not an application in itself, you could think about it as a library.  The
> Micro-Manager user interface is contained in MMJ_.jar.
>
> Here is what get when I try to run the main jar file:
>
> $ java -jar /usr/share/java/MMCoreJ.jar
> Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
> /usr/share/java/MMCoreJ.jar
>
> Does this mean anything to you ?

Technically, micromanager is a plugin from imagej. hence the main class is
within imagej. That said, micromanager has always been distributed with
imagej, and a starter that brings up the plugin right away. This is
somewhat annoying since there are already at least 3 other distributions of
imagej floating around! And it clashes heavily with how things are done on
debian, where duplicated binaries are pretty much a death sin.

But that's how things are, and my previous debian packaging attempts have
treated it as a plugin for the imagej plugin, harmonizing with FIJI as much
as possible. In the future, I hope one of these imagej debian packages will
finally disappear, and I would prefer it to be the debian med imagej. It
simply cannot compete with FIJI in terms of support.

/Johan