Hi Sébastien,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 09:14:15AM +0100, s.jodo...@chu.ulg.ac.be wrote:
> > which should be avoided.  Could you imagine to rather "link" (I think
> > linking is not the proper term in the Java world) against this
> > library
> > rather than using the code copy.
>
> I see 2 possibilities at this point:
> (a) Build-Depends (without Depends) on libjson-simple-java and "merge" the
> content of its JAR into the orthanc-imagej package during the build, or
> (b) Build-Depends + Depends on libjson-simple-json, and modify ImageJ's
> internal CLASSPATH to point to the libsjon-simple-java's JAR.
>
> I do see how to implement option (a) by myself, but not option (b), as it
> involves patching a configuration file during installation/removal. Do you
> think that option (a) is sufficient wrt. Debian package policy?

I admit I know to less about Java but the "merge" you are mentioning
in a) is not clear to me.  If you Build-Depend on libjson-simple-java
the JAR which is in Debian's CLASSPATH will be available as well for
the installed package if you Depend from libjson-simple-java.  So
I see no reason for patching.

Any more educated Java programmer will be explain better most probably.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de